The quiz tool can be used to create and administer online quizzes and surveys.
Types of Quizzes
A practice quiz can be used as a learning tool to help students see how well they understand the course material. A graded quiz is the most common quiz and Canvas automatically creates a column in the grade book for any graded quizzes you build. A graded survey allows the instructor to give students points for simply completing the survey, but does not allow the survey to be graded for right or wrong answers. An ungraded survey allows you to get opinions or other information from your students, but they are not given a grade for participation or for their answers.
The quizzes tool provides you with templates to create all of the standard questions you would find on a quiz. You can create multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, matching, short answer, and essay questions. You can also incorporate rich content into your questions. So, you could have students analyze a video clip or provide images or graphs with any of your questions.
You have many options when creating a quiz.
- You can shuffle answers.
- You can set a time limit.
- You can let students see their quiz results with or without showing the correct answers.
- You can allow multiple attempts.
- You can keep the highest score out of the attempts.
- You can require an access code in order to view the quiz.
- You can lock the quiz before and after the due date.