FACULTY: How to access class rosters using the supplemental banner reporting tool
From TechHelp - MCLA's Technology Help Center
- 1. Log on to Self Service Banner.
- 2. Click on 'Faculty Services'
- 3. Click on 'Academic Reporting' to bring you to the supplemental banner reporting tool area.
- 4. Select an option under the heading 'Class Rosters'. You can show reports by department, instructor ID, Subject, or CRN. Some reports are avaliable in different formats - PDF or Excel
- 5. You will then be prompted to specify parameters for the report you want. Select the term code for the roster you are looking for by using the drop down menu. The term code in Banner is a six-digit numeric value including the year and semester; the four-digit year followed by a two digit term.
20 = Spring Semester
40 = Summer Semester
60 = Fall Semester
Example: The Fall 2008 term code is 200860
- 6. Select the other search parameters for the roster you are looking for by using the drop down menus and/or typing in values. The other search parameters that appear depend on the type of report you selected. The example shows the search parameter for Class Rosters by Department which requires a selection for Department Code.
- 7. After all the parameters have been entered, click 'Run' to show the report. Prior to running the report you can select the checkbox 'Run in a new window' which will show the report in a new web browser window. If you would like to clear the parameters you have entered, select 'Reset'. Select 'Clear Output' if you would like to clear the output window from a report that was run previously.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you receive a message indicating "NO HTML OUTPUT" this means there is no banner data found under the parameters you selected. Ensure you have entered your parameters in correctly. Parameters such as Student ID and Instructor ID are case sensitive and require a capital “A”.
- EXCEL REPORTS: If you have selected a report in excel format you may see the following prompt:
Select 'YES' at this prompt for your report to display.