Computing Hardware and Software
MCLA offers various services to its community to aid in computing. Through a special license agreement with Microsoft, MCLA now offers Microsoft software to all faculty, staff and students. Other offerings include a discount laptop which is provided as part of MCLAs Laptop Initiative program. Owners of this program laptop are entitled to full on-site repair services through the MCLA Computer HelpDesk.
Information about Computing Hardware/Software
- MCLAs Laptop Initiative - How to purchase the Laptop Initiative program laptop.
- E-Academy - Recieve Microsoft products for almost no cost.
- Laptop Minimum Hardware Requirements - Minimum laptop requirements for MCLA students.
- Core Supported Software Guidelines - official list of MCLA supported software.
- VMware View - Download and installation instructions for MCLA's virtualization environment.
Computing Hardware/Software Guides
- Installing Sophos Anti-Virus
- Receiving Microsoft products through MCLA
- Searching for help with Microsoft Office
- Purchasing the Dell/MCLA program laptop
- What to do if your program laptop breaks
- Student Laptop FAQ
- Installing the International Keyboard in Windows XP/Vista - This guide will help you configure your Windows system to type Spanish accents.
FAQ about Computing Hardware/Software
- My computers software is completely beyond repair! How do I reformat and reinstall Windows?
- No matter what I do, my Sophos Antivirus icon has a red "X" over it and when I hover my mouse over it a box pops-up that reads "Update has failed"
- How do I resolve error "You do not have sufficient privileges to run the Sophos Anti-Virus main application..."?
- My computer came bundled with a network cable, but it doesn't fit the wiring in my house.
- A part of my Dell laptop broke! What do I do?
- How do I configure my laptop for 802.11a wireless?