Getting Started for Instructors
Here is a brief tutorial on how to get started using Canvas:
- Why is Canvas Different from other LMSs
- Course Design Overview and Advice
- Setting Course Goals/Outcomes
- Creating Assignments
- Changing the Home Page Layout
- Organizing Content and Activities with Modules
- Creating Quizzes
- Migrating Courses
- Inviting Students to Join
- Using SpeedGrader
- SpeedGrader for iPad
- Student Groups and Group Assignments
- Collaborative Projects (w/ Google Docs)
- Web Conferencing
- Recording a Video from a Web Cam or Desktop Capture
Choose your own adventure (suggest learning pathways)
- You want to know how to send a 'blast message' to all of the students in your course. You don't plan on grading inside of Canvas or using the file repository.
- You need to know how to upload course files online, including your syllabus. You don't plan on grading inside Canvas, you just want a central repository for all of your class files.
- You need to know how to grade your assignments online. At this point in time you just want to know how to leverage the Canvas SpeedGrader™ to save you some grading time.
- You have a course in x LMS and you want to migrate to Canvas.
- You have your paper syllabus in hand and you want to build a Canvas course from scratch.