Office 365 is MCLA's official communication and groupware system . With Office 365, you can email members of the MCLA community and receive important news by receiving campus wide announcements. There are also useful web-based office document editing features and cloud-based storage. To use Office 365 you must have a valid MyMCLA User ID and Password account. The system can be accessed through MCLA's single sign on website located at http://sso.mcla.edu.
Office 365 CHECKLIST
- 1. Ensure you have activated your MyMCLA account and know what the correct password is
- 2. Confirm that you are using a supported web browser that will work with all the features Office 365 has to offer.
The following is a list of recommended web browsers to use with Office 365.
- For Windows 7+ users:
- Internet Explorer 11+ (Download Site)
Not sure what operating system and web browser you are currently using? Use this tool located at: http://supportdetails.com/
- 3. Sign on to Office 365 through MCLA's single sign on website:
Once you have signed in, look at the left side navigation for Office 365 links (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc).
- 4. Disable pop up blocker:
If you click on the options on the left, you may find that nothing happens because a pop up has blocked the Office 365 window from showing. If this happens to you, please refer to the pop up blocker section and follow instruction on how to disable the pop up blocker. Click the option again once you have disabled the pop up blocker for the site.
- 5. Beware of Bookmarks!
Its common that users will attempt to bookmark the http://sso.mcla.edu address. Upon the next attempt to use the bookmark it may fail because it has old session information stored with the URL that was saved. Its best to login to sso.mcla.edu by typing the address directly into the web browser accessing it through the link located on the http://campus.mcla.edu site which can be bookmarked safely.
Information about Office 365
- Accessing Office 365 - Information about accessing the Office 365 system.
- Office 365 Web Browser Requirements - Information on what web browsers work best with Office 365.
- Office 365 Mobile Access - Instructions on how to setup your mobile device to sync with Office 365. Includes instructions for Android, IOS, and Windows phones.
- How to allow sso.mcla.edu pop ups within your web browser - Review information on how to disable pop-up blocking for sso.mcla.edu
Office 365 Guides - Outlook Web App
- O365 - Getting started in Outlook Web App- Overview of what can be found on the Office 365 desktop.
- O365 - Mail Overview - How to use the mail functions of Office 365.
- O365 - Display settings for mail
- O365 - People Overview (Contacts) - How to use the personal contacts area in Office 365.
- O365 - Calendar Overview - Using the calendar functions in Office 365.
- O365 - Calendar Sharing
- O365 - Tasks Overview
- O365 - Using Shared Campus Mailboxes
- O365 - Create an e-mail signature
- O365 - Set a Vacation/Auto reply Message - Set an auto reply message while your away.
- O365 - Printing Messages
- O365 - Responding to Messages
- O365 - Organizing E-mail
- O365 - Enable Clutter in Office 365
- O365 - OneDrive in Office 365
- O365 - Skype for Business in Office 365
- Read Receipts in Outlook Web App
FAQ about Office 365
- How do I e-mail classes through Office 365?
- How do I setup an e-mail signature?
- How do I setup an out of office reply message?
- I'm having issues accessing Office 365. How should I resolve this?
- I'm able to login to the portal page but nothing happens when I click on the links?
- How do I configure OWA apps for iOs devices?
- I'm getting an error message when clicking on Mail,Contacts, or Calendar
- How do I share calendars?
- How do I access a shared mailbox?
- Where is the history feature in Office 365? Can I see if recipients have read my e-mail to them?
- How do I log off of Office 365? I try the log out option and it gives me an error?
- Why do messages I delete come back?
- I cannot seem to locate some of my e-mail messages associated with an ongoing e-mail correspondence?
- How do I remove a name from the auto complete list in Office 365?