Attendance Reporting in Self-Service Banner
Why Do I Need to Report Attendance?
MCLA must maintain compliance with federal regulations to continue receiving and providing financial assistance to eligible MCLA students. Faculty reporting attendance is crucial in determining if students are receiving financial aid and not attending classes.
Use the steps below to access each of your official course rosters, and report data for students who have stopped attending, or who have never attended. Each roster contains all and only names of students who are officially registered. If any student is attending your class but does not appear on the official roster, immediately refer them to the Registrar's Office at (413) 662-5216 or email@example.com.
Who Can Help With Questions or Issues?
- For questions about the process: Registrar at (x5216) or [].
- For problems logging into Self-Service Banner or any technology problems: Help Desk at (x5276) or [].
How Do I Report Attendance?
Access Your Course Roster:
- Log in to the MCLA Portal (https://portal.mcla.edu), then enter Banner Self-Service by clicking the "Banner" link in the blue header bar.
- In Banner, click the "Faculty and Advisors" link from the Main Menu.
- From the "Faculty and Advisors" menu, click the "Student Last Attendance Worksheet" link.
- From the drop-down menu "Select Term", choose the current term, then click the "Submit" button.
- From the drop-down menu "Select a CRN", choose a course roster from your assigned courses, then click the "Submit" button. (Note: If you have more than 25 students enrolled in a course, you will navigate to more than one page within its roster.)
- If ALL students in the course are attending regularly: Simply type the letter "Y" once, in the text box next to the current "Census Date" field at the top of the roster. There is no need to enter any dates for individual students: this roster is complete. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- If ANY student in the course has been absent more than once: Type the last date of attendance ONLY for students who have been absent from class more than once, using the format MM/DD/YYYY. You do NOT need to enter dates for students attending regularly: a blank field means that a student IS attending regularly. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
- If ANY student in the course has NEVER attended: Type the first day of the term, as listed on the current official Academic Calendar, for any student who has NEVER attended the course. (You can find the calendar on the MCLA Portal, under the "Calendars" menu.) Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
Repeat This Process For Each Course: ====
- Once you have completed reporting for one course, click the "Faculty Services" tab.
- Click the "CRN Selection" link, choose your next course roster, and click the "Submit" button.
Proceed with Step 2 above.
Additional information about using Self-Service Banner can be found in the TechHelp guide to Self-Service Banner.