Difference between revisions of "Eduroam"
(Created page with " MCLA Computer Support Services is pleased to announce that we now offer eduroam wireless authentication. eduroam is an international educational collaboration that allows e...")
Revision as of 15:06, 4 November 2019
MCLA Computer Support Services is pleased to announce that we now offer eduroam wireless authentication. eduroam is an international educational collaboration that allows employees and students at participating universities and research institutions to offer seamless authentication to the wireless networks at each institution. MCLA joins other local universities that participate in this such as Williams College, Westfield State University, Amherst College, and the University of Massachusetts systems, to mention a few.
How to connect to eduroam
- While connected to Blazernet, browse to https://cat.eduroam.org
- Select “Click here to download your eduroam installer"
- Choose Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts as your organization
- Download the installer for your OS by using the link provided
- Save the file download, and open it.
- Select “Run” and follow the prompts.
- At the User credentials section, make sure you enter your MyMCLA user id with @mcla.edu appended to the end. Example:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use your current MyMCLA password
- Follow the prompts to finish the installation
- To test, connect to the eduroam SSID. If you are on the MCLA campus the SSID is named eduroam
The next screen will provide you with an installer for the type of device the site has detected you using.
Clicking the download installer button will download the file necessary for installing the eduroam profile. Run the program and follow the instructions.