MCLAs Laptop Initiative
MCLA's Laptop Initiative
MCLA is requiring that all freshmen come to campus with a laptop computer. The benefits are immense. Your laptop will provide you with more freedom to work on assignments and access the Internet from various buildings and even open spaces on MCLA's campus.
Increasingly our faculty is providing class materials on-line and the campus now offers end to end wireless access for your convenience as a student. In addition, when you go home for breaks you can easily take your laptop with you.
MCLA, along with a consortium of other state colleges, has negotiated an exceptional deal on a hardware/software package from Dell. For more details on the software and repair arrangements, see the Student Laptop FAQ.
The package for Fall 2010 will be avaliable soon! Please check back in May!
The MCLA bundle will not be available through their regular Web site.
More information will appear here as it comes available. Additional information about student computing can be found at our Help Desk site.
Program Laptop Specifications for FALL 2010
- Intel i5 Processor 2.40GHz
- 14.1" Wide Screen WXGA LCD
- 2.0GB RAM
- 160GB Hard Drive
- DVD-RW Drive
- nVidia Quadro NVS 512MB Video Processor
- Dell 1520 WLAN (802.11a/g/n) miniPCI Card
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit4 Ethernet NIC
- Built-in Webcam
- Windows 7 Enterprise ®
Warranty & Services
- 4 Year warranty for NBD on-site parts/labor
- 4 Year CompleteCare® Accidental Damage Service
- 4 Year theft tracking software (ComputracePro)
- MCLA Software Package (MS Office 2007, Sophos Anti-Virus)