MCLAs Laptop Initiative
MCLA's Laptop Initiative
MCLA is requiring that all freshmen come to campus with a laptop computer. The benefits are immense. Your laptop will provide you with more freedom to work on assignments and access the Internet from various buildings and even open spaces on MCLA's campus.
Increasingly our faculty is providing class materials on-line and the campus now offers end to end wireless access for your convenience as a student. In addition, when you go home for breaks you can easily take your laptop with you.
MCLA, along with a consortium of other state colleges, has negotiated an exceptional deal on a hardware/software package from Dell. For more details on the software and repair arrangements, see the Student Laptop FAQ.
The new package for Spring 2009 is available right now! Ordering has begun as of 1/08/09 .
Click here to go to a special MCLA-Dell Web site where you can configure and order laptops as well as learn about Dell financing options. The MCLA bundle will not be available through their regular Web site.
More information will appear here as it comes available. Additional information about student computing can be found at our Help Desk site.
Program Laptop Specifications for Spring 2009
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz Processor
- 14.1" Wide Screen WXGA LCD
- 2.0GB DDR-800 RAM
- 80GB Hard Drive
- 25x CD-RW/DVD Drive
- NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M With Express Card
- Intel® WiFi Link 5300 802.11a/g/n Draft Mini Card
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit4 Ethernet NIC
- Built-in Webcam
- Windows XP Professional ®
Warranty & Services
- 4 Year warranty for NBD on-site parts/labor
- 4 Year CompleteCare® Accidental Damage Service
- 4 Year theft tracking software (ComputracePro)
- MCLA Software Package
- (MS Office 2007, Sophos Anti-Virus)