Difference between revisions of "Core Supported Software Guidelines"
m (1 revision imported)
Latest revision as of 19:28, 27 January 2021
What software support can we provide?
We will be happy to provide support with the operations of the following applications:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
We will provide basic support (opening files, saving files, printing files, and basic operation & troubleshooting) for other applications; however, the Computer Helpdesk does not provide assistance with homework for applications such as:
- Microsoft Visual Studio (Visual Basic, C++, J++) and CASE tools
- Web authoring packages
- Drawing and graphics packages (ex. PhotoShop, HyperStudio, and PageMaker)
- SPSS and business applications
- Other course-specific applications.
What does this mean?
- We can help you when you are stuck using macros in Microsoft Word, however, we cannot teach you how to write them.
- We can help you troubleshoot graphics placement in Microsoft PowerPoint, but will not provide instruction on graphic editing.
- We can help you safely save your C++ program to a network drive. We will not help write or debug your code.
Please see your individual instructor for this level of assistance.
For further information, please visit the MCLA Software Policy.