Office Hours with Microsoft Bookings
Microsoft Bookings can be a great way to manage Office Hours advising appointments. Bookings lets you create any number of "businesses," each with its own calendar of available hours, services offered, and members. Each business will also have its own "Booking Page" which you can share with others so that they can easily and automatically book appointments when you are free.
Sample Booking Page
There are a few different ways you might use Bookings:
- Create a single "business" and associated booking page for yourself, and then offer services like "Office Hours" and "Advising Meetings" that students could select. With this approach, different services can be set to have a different duration (e.g. 30min vs 60min), but they will all draw from the same calendar of available hours (e.g. MWF 10am-2pm, TF 12-4pm).
- Create multiple "businesses," one for each type of meeting you are offering. With this approach, you might create one "business" just for your Office Hours, with a calendar that lists you as available Tuesdays 12-2pm. You could then link to that Bookings page directly from Canvas. You might create a separate "business" for advising appointments, with different availability and its own booking page.
- When you are creating a new service, you can add options like duration of meeting and custom email reminders. You can also add built-in buffer time, so you don't get meetings back-to-back.
- For meetings that can be held remotely, you can automatically create a Teams link. Just select the "add online meeting" option when you are creating that service.
- Once you publish your Bookings Page, you can add a link from your email signature, MCLA website, Canvas page, or anywhere else that might be useful.