Here you will find installers and instructions to help you connect your laptop to printers on the MCLA campus.
|Building||Room||Link for Windows
|Link For Mac OS X
|Freel Library 1st Floor||1st Floor Circulation||Freel 1st Floor Circulation||Mac OS X Printer Installer|
|Freel Library 2nd Floor||Freel Library 2nd Floor||Freel-SecondFloor|
|Murdock Hall||1st Floor Hallway||Murdock_Lab_Hallway|
|Amsler Campus Center||2nd Floor - Sharky's||Amsler_Sharkys|
|Center for Science and Innovation First Floor||Room 120 - Student Write Up||CSI 120 Laser|
|Center for Science and Innovation Second Floor||Room 218 - Student Write Up||CSI 218 Laser|
|Center for Science and Innovation Third Floor||Room 316 - Student Write Up||CSI 316 Laser|
|Center for Science and Innovation - Chemistry Third Floor||Room 308 - Student Printer in Chemistry Suite||CSI 308 Laser|
|Venable Veteran Resource Center||Venable Hall 309||Veteran Resource Center|
Instructions For Windows XP/7/8
- Choose a printer from the list of available printers (above) and use the link located in the "Link for Windows XP/7/8" column.
- You might be warned that the download contains an executable, click "Run" from the dialog box.
- You will be prompted again warning you that the program's publisher cannot be verified. Just click "Run" again.
- The printer installation tool will launch. Click 'Next' and the installation of the printer will proceed.
- You will be prompted to set a username and password for the printer. Select 'Use specified user account" then enter mclaad\ then your A number (example:mclaad\a10001000) and password.
NOTE: Occasionally this window appears behind other windows. If after a few seconds it doesn't appear, minimize or close your other windows to locate it.
- Click “Ok”.
- In a few seconds, the printer will be installed. If you would like to check to see that it is available, click the "Start" menu, and then click "Printers and Faxes".
NOTE: The installation should not set the printer as the default printer on your computer. You will have to choose the appropriate printer each time you print. Typically, this can be done by choosing the printer from a list as in this example from the Internet Explorer print dialog.