FACULTY: How to access section analysis reports using the supplemental banner reporting tool
- 1. Log on to Self Service Banner.
- 2. Click on 'Faculty Services'
- 3. Click on 'Academic Reporting' to bring you to the supplemental banner reporting tool area.
- 4. Select an option under the heading 'Section Analysis Reports'. You can show reports by department or by subject. These reports are in Excel format.
The compact report shows Term, Crn, Dept, Section number, Section title, Faculty, Max Seats, Actual Seats, Avaliable Seats.
The extended report shows everything that the compact report shows but additionally Section Credits, Start Date, Meeting Days/Times/Place, Status, Activity, and Course Attributes.
- 5. You will then be prompted to specify parameters for the report you want. Select the term code for the section analysis report you are looking for by using the drop down menu. The term code in Banner is a six-digit numeric value including the year and semester; the four-digit year followed by a two digit term.
20 = Spring Semester
40 = Summer Semester
60 = Fall Semester
Example: The Fall 2008 term code is 200860
- 6. Select the other search parameters for the section analysis report you are looking for by using the list box. The other search parameters that appear depend on the type of report you selected. The example shows the search parameter for section analysis by Department which requires a selection for Department Code.
- 7. After all the parameters have been entered, click 'Run' to show the report. Prior to running the report you can select the checkbox 'Run in a new window' which will show the report in a new web browser window. If you would like to clear the parameters you have entered, select 'Reset'. Select 'Clear Output' if you would like to clear the output window from a report that was run previously.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you receive a message indicating "NO HTML OUTPUT" this means there is no banner data found under the parameters you selected. Ensure you have entered your parameters in correctly. Parameters such as Student ID and Instructor ID are case sensitive and require a capital “A”.
- EXCEL REPORTS: If you have selected a report in excel format you may see the following prompt:
Select 'YES' at this prompt for your report to display.