Internet Service - Coronavirus
The FCC has created a Keep America Connected pledge that service providers can participate in. Pledge participants make these three commitments.
For the next 60 days to:
- not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
- waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and
- open its Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them.
Is your service provider participating in this pledge?
Here is what we know right now, more providers are coming online, if yours is not here, contact them or contact the MCLA HelpDesk to see how we can help.
- Comcast - Pausing data plans for 60 days giving all customers unlimited data. Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. Read more
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Read more
- AT&T - Will not terminate the service of any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer because of their inability to pay their bill. Waive any late payment fees that any wireless, home phone or broadband. Open all public Wi-Fi hotspots. Read more
- Verizon - Has made the FCC pledge to open hotspots and provide billing relief to customers. Read more
- Sprint - In addition to the FCC Pledge, Sprint is giving their customers unlimited data and allowing users to tether other devices to their phones (personal hotspot) at no additional charge.Read more
- T-Mobile - In addition to the FCC Pledge, T-Mobile is giving their customers unlimited data and allowing users to tether other devices to their phones (personal hotspot) at no additional charge. Read more