Computing Hardware and Software
MCLA offers various services to its community to aid in computing. Through a special license agreement with Microsoft, MCLA now offers Microsoft software to all faculty, staff and students. Other offerings include a discount laptop which is provided as part of MCLAs Laptop Initiative program. Owners of this program laptop are entitled to full on-site repair services through the MCLA Computer HelpDesk.
Information about Computing Hardware/Software
- MCLAs Laptop Initiative - How to purchase the Laptop Initiative program laptop.
- OnTheHub Software - Recieve Microsoft products for almost no cost.
- Laptop Minimum Hardware Requirements - Minimum laptop requirements for MCLA students.
- Core Supported Software Guidelines - official list of MCLA supported software.
- MCLA MyLab - Information about MCLA's desktop virtualization service.
- Dynamic Forms - Learn about MCLA's paperless workflow system
Computing Hardware/Software Guides
- Install Sophos Antivirus
- Searching for help with Microsoft Office
- Purchasing the Dell/MCLA program laptop
- Student Laptop FAQ
- Installing the International Keyboard in Windows XP/Vista - This guide will help you configure your Windows system to type Spanish accents.
- VMware View - Download and installation instructions for MCLA's virtualization environment.