Office 365 is MCLA's official communication and groupware system. With Office 365, you have access to your college email which lets you receive campus wide announcements and personal communications. There are also web-based office programs such as Word and cloud-based storage through Onedrive. To use Office 365 you must have a valid MyMCLA User ID and Password. Office 365 can be accessed through the Portal Login Page.
Office 365 CHECKLIST
- 1. Ensure you have activated your MyMCLA account and know what the correct password is.
- 2. Confirm that you are using a supported web browser that will work with all the features Office 365 has to offer.
- 3. Sign on to Office 365 using the Portal Login Page.
- A. Click here to access the Portal Login Page.
- B. Click Email on the top navigation bar.
- C. Click the square dots on the top left of the page to access Office 365 apps.
- 4. Beware of Bookmarks!
- Users should not bookmark the Portal Login Page. Using a bookmark may fail to load the page because it has old session information stored with the URL that was saved. It is best to login to the Portal Page by typing the address directly into the web browser (sso.mcla.edu) or clicking a redirect found on a MCLA website.
Information about Office 365
- Accessing Office 365 - Information about accessing the Office 365 system.
- Office 365 Web Browser Requirements - Information on what web browsers work best with Office 365.
- Office 365 Mobile Access - Instructions on how to setup your mobile device to sync with Office 365. Includes instructions for Android, IOS, and Windows phones.
- How to allow sso.mcla.edu pop ups within your web browser - Review information on how to disable pop-up blocking for sso.mcla.edu
Office 365 Guides - Outlook Web App
- O365 - Getting started in Outlook Web App- Overview of what can be found on the Office 365 desktop.
- O365 - Mail Overview - How to use the mail functions of Office 365.
- How to send an encrypted email
- Using FindTime on Office 365
- O365 - Display settings for mail
- O365 - People Overview (Contacts) - How to use the personal contacts area in Office 365.
- O365 - Calendar Overview - Using the calendar functions in Office 365.
- O365 - Calendar Sharing
- O365 - Tasks Overview
- O365 - Using Shared Campus Mailboxes
- O365 - Create an e-mail signature
- O365 - Set a Vacation/Auto reply Message - Set an auto reply message while your away.
- O365 - Printing Messages
- O365 - Responding to Messages
- O365 - Organizing E-mail
- O365 - OneDrive in Office 365
- O365 - Skype for Business in Office 365
- O365 - Microsoft Teams
- O365 - Microsoft Bookings
- O365 - Using Campus Collaboration Sites
- O365 - Managing and Moderating Campus Collaboration Sites
- O365 - Attaching a file to a campus collaboration posting
- O365 - Setting up Alerts for Campus Collaboration Sites
FAQ about Office 365
- How do I e-mail classes through Office 365?
- How do I setup an e-mail signature?
- How do I setup an out of office reply message?
- I'm having issues accessing Office 365. How should I resolve this?
- I'm able to login to the portal page but nothing happens when I click on the links?
- How do I configure OWA apps for iOs devices?
- I'm getting an error message when clicking on Mail,Contacts, or Calendar
- How do I share calendars?
- How do I access a shared mailbox?
- Where is the history feature in Office 365? Can I see if recipients have read my e-mail to them?
- How do I log off of Office 365? I try the log out option and it gives me an error?
- Why do messages I delete come back?
- I cannot seem to locate some of my e-mail messages associated with an ongoing e-mail correspondence?
- How do I remove a name from the auto complete list in Office 365?